A blog about miniatures, wargaming, and the people driven to ruin by them....

Sunday, May 10, 2020

WWII Naval: British Aircraft 1/600 Tumbling Dice

Howdie.

I have officially completed all of the 1/600 Tumbling Dice miniatures in my possession.  So I of course ordered more, but for now....

These are my British..... now, I realized I needed to practice identification, because it was not always easy for me.  ALso, I did not enjoy assembling the biplanes, even though TD made it about as easy as could be done at this scale.  It reminded me of how bad I am at assembling plastic models.  Similarly, even though my hand painted roundels are not great (and I admit to giving up on the yellow ring), I still prefer this to trying to work with decals.  I had a Viking ship as a kid in the 70's, could never get the shield decals to work right... I think that made me the painter I am today :)

Anyway, here are a whole bag of things:
4x Gladiators
and 4x Swordfish in business like drab fashion
6x Spitfire (Tropicalized) in two different schemes
6x Hurricanes in two different schemes
6x Fulmar in two slightly different schemes
6x Skua in two different schemes.... looking like a flying transport for a greenhouse


 Now I know my color choices are not ideal, so I relied on the immense variety of color combinations, and as usual went for shades that were bright enough to help make the individual miniature stand out.  Overall I am happy with how they turned out.  I like the Spitfires, they reminded me of another plastic kit from childhood, a 1/72 Spitifre, which I had at that time painted drab and grey.  I think I like painting the British camo patterns a little better than either the German or Italians ones.

So that is it for aircraft for a while.  It always feels good to complete a purchase.

Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Somebody necessarily help to make severely posts I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual submit extraordinary. Fantastic activity!national archives military records


    ReplyDelete